Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WEDNESDAY

Wow, Wednesday already! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Time flies the week after a long weekend! It has been a busy last week. I was gone to a wedding on Friday afternoon, and Ms Amanda Hiebert was substituting for us. She left a note to say that the grade 4 class was really good and she enjoyed being here.

There is a note coming home with students telling about our fun night and other upcoming activities... I have also included a copy here.

HOMEWORK:
Spelling and Verse
Soup Lunch tomorrow $4

Hebrews 2:17
17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make payment for the sins of the people.


OCTOBER HAPPENINGS…
It is hard to believe that we are already at the end of our first month at school! Time has flown! It has been a great month, and we are looking forward to an excellent year!

October is going to be a very busy month with Thanksgiving weekend coming up, our family fun night on the 21st and Spiritual Emphasis week over the 18th - 22nd .

We started our new music unit : learning recorder! I ask students to practice every day, and it will get better, I promise!! Thanks for being patient with our squawking for a while!!! Please send $2 to help cover the costs of the recorders.

I usually do not give students much homework, but we are always under a deadline to get math done, so you may see that coming home. I always tell kids that getting their parents to help is great! That way they will have an opportunity to work one –on-one with you and maybe understand it differently than how I present it. Homework is not a punishment, but an opportunity to finish and understand.

Our Family Fun Night is on Oct.21st this year from  5-8pm. Thanks  to the parents who have already sent along candy for prizes. We are doing a circus theme.  I am asking parents to sign up for a half hour slot on that evening. Please let me know if you are able to help.

Finally, we will be going on another field trip on the 3rd of November, to the Forestry Farm. If you are able to volunteer to chaperone, please contact me at the school or email me. I would love to be able to take most parents with us this year!
It is always great to meet you and spend some time getting to know you!

Blessings!
Carie

No comments:

Post a Comment