Thursday, August 26, 2010

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

Dear Parents


I am so excited to be one of the 2010- 2011 Grade 4 teachers this year, along with Mrs Barb Priebe! I have returned to the Saskatoon area after teaching for 3 years in Eston, SK and it is wonderful to be home in Prairie Spirit!


Our first Parent/ Teacher meeting is not until the evenings of November 24th and morning of November 25th. Please mark it on your calendars because it will be an important time to go over homework, grading, discipline and any concerns you or I might have. I am really looking forward to meeting you on that day, but I would be happy to meet with you before that if you would like.

In an effort to keep us all on the same page, I have a classroom blog, which you can access at <http://www.misstimmsgrade4.blogspot.com>. I will update this website at the end of every day, so that you can check on homework, assignments, and upcoming events. HOWEVER, it is vitally important that students use their day planners every day, as it is the best means of communication between you and I, and organization is an essential skill to learn for high school (and life!). I will be checking their agendas every day, and request your help with encouraging this.


Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns, and I will happily arrange a time to meet with you. You may either call the school or email me at carrie.timm@spiritsd.ca



Again, looking forward to getting to know you and your children this year!


Regards,
Carie Timm

No comments:

Post a Comment